1. GENERAL PROVISIONS
- The Seller is: HLAVINA s.r.o, Sládkovičova 728/14, Bánovce nad Bebravou, 957 01, company reg. No.: 36328502, Tax ID: 2020140650, registered in the Commercial Register by: District Court Trenčín, section: Sro, insert No.: 15782/R (hereinafter only referred to as “the Seller”)
- The Buyer is each natural or legal entity which contacts the Seller in whatever way with the intention to purchase the goods offered by the Seller.
- 1.3. The Buyer is also each natural or legal entity which contacts the Seller in whatever way asking the Seller to acquire on its behalf any goods the Seller does not have in offer, with the intention to purchase such goods.
- 1.4. The use of the websites of the online shop operated by the Seller and confirmation of the order means that the Buyer agrees with these Business Terms and Conditions.
- 1.5. These Business Terms and Conditions are valid until the issue of new Business Terms and Conditions. In the case of any modification of the Business Terms and Conditions, the Business Terms and Conditions valid on the date of purchase shall apply.
2. ORDER OF GOODS
- 2.1. The Buyer may order goods at sub-site E-GALERIA by adding the goods to the shopping cart.
- 2.2. The goods are added to the shopping cart by clicking on the shopping cart icon next to the selected product.
- 2.3. The ordering process starts with clicking on the shopping cart icon on the bar at the top. You can make the purchase both as a registered or non-registered customer. With registration, you gain access to the order history, convenient shopping of further goods (without the need to re-enter data in the order form), and in the future you can receive discounts for registered customers. By sending the order the Buyer undertakes to take over the ordered goods and pay the agreed price for the goods.
- 2.4. A submitted order is confirmed by the Seller by e-mail within 24 hours, with the indication of availability and date of delivery of the goods to the Buyer. All confirmed orders are binding!
- 2.5. The Seller undertakes to deliver the correct type and amount of goods at the agreed price in accordance with the order.
- 2.6. The Buyer may cancel the order within 24 hours from the order placement without providing a reason for so doing.
- 2.7. The Buyer may cancel the order via e-mail or telephone. After verification of whether the conditions for order cancellation have been met, the Seller shall confirm the cancellation of the order to the Buyer via e-mail or telephone. In the case the price for the ordered goods has already been paid, the Seller shall return the money to the bank account of the Buyer or deliver the money in any other manner agreed with the Buyer.
- 2.8. The Seller is entitled to cancel the order if it is not possible to obtain the ordered goods.
- 2.9. The Seller is also entitled to cancel the order if it cannot contact the Buyer (wrong or missing contact details, unavailability, etc.).
- 2.10. The Seller reserves the right to display works by means of their digital placement in imaginary space, where the proportionality of their visualisation has to be regarded as approximate. Visualisation of a work in the interior must be regarded as illustrative.
- 3.1. The Seller is not a VAT payer.
- 3.2. The travel costs are added to the basic price of the order/goods depending on the delivery method selected by the Buyer. The price is derived from the total weight and dimensions of the ordered goods, the current rate of which can be seen directly in the order. Packaging costs are included in the travel costs. The price of packaging takes into account the type of goods (e.g. a glass-framed picture).
4. PAYMENT TERMS
- 4.1 The Buyer can make the payment:
- 4.1.1. by transfer to the account (SK92 0200 0000 0017 1884 9155) based on a pro forma invoice received by the Buyer after confirmation of the order.
- 4.1.2. by depositing the amount into the account (SK92 0200 0000 0017 1884 9155) based on a pro forma invoice received by the Buyer after confirmation of the order.
- 4.2. The payment is only possible in EUR.
- 4.3. The tax document – invoice is sent by the Seller to the Buyer together with the goods.
5. DELIVERY TERMS
- 5.1. The delivery period may vary depending on the availability of goods. At the time of ordering, the goods may be located at the author’s or Seller’s place or they will be made to order. The estimated delivery period will be specified by the Seller upon confirmation of the order to the Buyer.
- 5.2. The Seller ensures transportation via a courier service in the case the goods are located at the author’s place. If the goods are located at the registered office of the company, the goods can be delivered via a courier service or Slovak Post.
- 5.3. The point of supply is determined by the data in the order form. The order is deemed completed upon delivery of the goods to the specified place. The goods are deemed purchased – taken over by the Buyer at the moment the Buyer confirms takeover of the goods in writing.
- 5.4. When taking over the shipment, the Buyer is obliged to carefully inspect the packaging of the shipment. The Buyer must report any potential damage to the packaging (holes, grooves, wrinkled edges, etc.) to the driver of the transportation company, and have the condition of the shipment recorded in the takeover protocol.
- 5.5. After the takeover, the Buyer must inspect the delivered shipment. Before ensuring that no damage has occurred to the goods, the Buyer cannot remove the packaging in which the goods arrived. If the original packaging is not retained, the potential damage cannot be assessed and reported to the carrier. If the Buyer detects any damage, it has three days to report the complaint to the carrier who delivered the shipment. In the case the packaging is damaged, the Buyer will not accept the shipment and will immediately notify the Seller.
6. WITHDRAWAL FROM THE CONTRACT
- 6.1. The Buyer is entitled to withdraw from the purchase contract (order entered via e-shop www.atelierhlavina.sk) within 14 days from the purchase of goods via the e-shop (pursuant to Act No. 102/2014 on Consumer Protection in the Case of Distant Sale of Goods).
- 6.2. The Buyer is obliged to inform of the withdrawal from the contract in writing or via e-mail.
- 6.3. Goods for return must be undamaged and a proof of purchase must be attached.
- 6.4. Obligations of the Buyer in the case of withdrawal from the contract:
- 6.4.1. Contact the Seller with a request for withdrawal from a completed order, indicate order number (variable symbol), date of purchase, and account number for return of money.
- 6.4.2. Return the goods to the Seller’s address – it is recommended to send the goods via registered post, insured, and appropriately packed to avoid any writing or sticking on or other deterioration of the original packaging and the goods themselves during transport (the Seller is not responsible for any loss or damage to the goods during transportation), within 14 days from the withdrawal from the contract at the latest.
- 6.4.3. Pay all costs associated with the return of the goods (postal charges, insurance, etc.).
- 6.5. Obligations of the Seller after meeting points 6.1 to 6.4 of these Business Terms and Conditions:
- 6.5.1. Accept the goods back.
- 6.5.2. Make a full refund of the price paid for the goods, except for the transport fee, to the Buyer within 14 days from the day of withdrawal from a completed order at the latest.
- 6.5.3. If any of the points 6.1 to 6.4 of these Business Terms and Conditions is not met, the Seller will not accept the withdrawal from a completed order and the goods will be returned at the Buyer’s costs.
7. WARRANTY AND CLAIMS PROCEDURE
- 7.1. The warranty period for all goods offered by the online store of the Seller is 24 months. The proof of purchase (attached invoice) shall always be sufficient for the exercise of rights resulting from the liability for defects (claim).
- 7.2. Claims are handled pursuant to the conditions of warranty of the particular goods, the Commercial Code, and relevant provisions of the Civil Code and special regulations.
- 7.3. The warranty does not apply to the regular wear and tear of the item (or its part) as a result of usage.
- 7.4. For the claims procedure the Buyer is obliged to submit the claimed goods clean, without mechanical damage, with a copy of the invoice, and bill of delivery. The Buyer is obliged to send a description of the defect with the goods.
- 7.5. The claims procedure:
- a.) The Buyer informs the Seller of the defect to the goods via e-mail or telephone as soon as possible.
- b.) The Buyer is obliged to return the product to the address of the Seller’s company.
8. PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION
- 8.1. The Parties have agreed that if the Buyer is a natural person, it is obliged to provide the Seller with its name and surname, permanent address including postcode, birth number, telephone number, and e-mail address.
- 8.2. The Parties have agreed that if the Buyer is a legal entity, it is obliged to provide the Seller with its business name, registered office including postcode, company registration number, tax identification number of identification number for VAT, telephone number, and e-mail address.
- 8.3. By entering into the purchase contract, the Buyer acknowledges that the Seller has processed and retained the Buyer’s personal data, in particular those mentioned above and/or necessary for the Seller’s activities, and processed such data in all its information systems. At the same time, the Buyer grants the Seller its consent with the disclosure of personal data to another person (in order to ensure delivery of the goods using the agreed transportation service). The Seller undertakes to process and handle the Buyer’s personal data in accordance with the legal regulations in force in the Slovak Republic. The Buyer grants this consent to the Seller for a definite period until the purpose of processing the Buyer’s personal data has been served.
- 8.4. The information system of the Seller is registered with the Office for Personal Data Protection.
957 01 Bánovce nad Bebravou
Firm owner: Ing. Viera Žáková
Phone Nr.: +421/38/760 2486
GSM: +421/905/768 251
Business ID: 36328502
Tax ID: 2020140650
We don’t pay VAT.